- Internet connection
- Fedora Core10
- Microsoft Office 2007 (no need for a DVD, the files in a folder should suffice).
Step 1: Installing wine
starting from the gnome panel:
- Click on Applications -> System tools -> terminal
- In the terminal type “su –“ and enter root’s password when prompted
- Type “yum install wine”
- Type “yes” when prompted
- This will install multiple packages
- Type “exit” on the terminal to exit from root’s account
Step 2: Installing Microsoft Office 2007 on Fedora Core10
From a terminal:
- Type “cd /media/MSOFFICE2007” where MSOFFICE2007 is the location of your MS Office DVD or directory containing the office files.
- Type “wine setup.exe” and go through the setup process.
Last configuration steps to get MS Office 2007 working on Linux
No overrides are needed to install Office 2007 in 1.1.3 or later see here
- Type “winecfg” as regular user in the terminal
- Click on the “Libraries” tab
Add the following overrides
- Riched20 (native)
- Usp10 (native,builtin)
Microsoft Office 2007 applications should be available through the gnome-panel under wine -> Programs -> Microsoft Office
That’s all it takes to install MSO 2007 in Fedora Core.